- Created by Bill Walsh and Paul Brown
- Created in Cincinnati
- Players need to be together for a while to get used to the offense. Three years minimum as players need to know exactly when and where to be while the play is running
- More of a short passing attack, like a dink and dunk offense
- The quarterback needs to have the ball out of his hands no more than three seconds after the ball is snapped to be effective. 1, 2, 3 throw.
- Certain pass plays resemble a running plays to further confuse the defense